This week has been one hell of a busy one. I had two tests on Thursday, both in topics that are more mathematics-based and were multiple-choice, two things that I don’t like all that much. Add that to having a few hours of sleep after the Panthers’ game to start the week off, classes, teaching, work meetings, applications deadlines, and the like, and you have one very tired Kristina. In addition, it rained all week long, but that misty, poetic rain. Since I lost my umbrella a bit ago, I just pulled up my scarf to make a loose-fitting headscarf. Also I feel like a nomad.
Anyway, the “woe is me” paragraph is complete. Here is a list of artwork and videos that inspired me this week! I hope they inspire you, too.
1. Emma Watson speaking for the #HeForShe campaign at the United Nations. I actually used this in class this week because while it was a great speech, it also wasn’t perfect- so we analyzed why it was good, and what she could have improved upon.
2. The Dictator by Charlie Chaplin. Also a speech I used this week, and something I always love to watch.
3. Obama addressing the United Nations (they are killing it with these speeches).
4. Marshallese Poet Kathy Jetnil-Kijiner addresses the United Nations with the poem, Dear Matefele Peinam.
5. This article by my friend, Casey Aldridge.
3. Artist unknown.
4. Clouds by Eugene Boudin.
5. First day back to school for Palestinian children.
6. Death of a Cyborg by Shorra
7. Artwork by Alexander Tinei.
8. Artwork by Joseba Eskubi
Currently Reading (for fun, not school):
The Diary of Malcolm X
Pedagogy of the Oppressed
Speeches that Re-Shaped the Modern World
E.E. Cummings Selected Poems